ALL INDIA BANK OFFICERS' CONFEDERATION (AIBOC)
ALL INDIA BANK OFFICERS' ASSOCIATION (AIBOA)
INDIAN NATIONAL BANK OFFICERS' CONGRESS (INBOC)
NATIONAL ORGANISATION OF BANK OFFICERS (NOBO)
Indian Banks Association,
REG: SPECIAL TAX COLLECTION DRIVE BY GOVERNMENT OF INDIA THROUGH BANKS.
We have the confirmed information that the Government of India has initiated the expeditious steps to collect the tax revenues from the tax payers by providing special opportunity to pay the tax dues through Banks on 29th, 30th and 31stMarch 2014,being the holidays declared by the State Governments in consultation with the respective Regional Offices of Reserve Bank of India under NI Act.
1. The taxpayers are aware of the payment of taxes on 15th September,2013 as well as at the end of March 2014. They are expected to plan the calendar and schedule of payment well in advance. Having failed in their duties,the Government of India is extending undue accommodation by inflicting tremendous pressure on Bank Employees by making them to work on three declared holidays.
2. The commission paid by the government per tax transaction is meagre and it is certainly not sufficient to meet out the establishment cost of running the branches for few tax payers. The Government of India is linking the profitability of the banking system, while deciding wage revision for the entire workforce handling this assignment by the public sector bank is directly reflecting in the earnings of the banks. The individual bank management may please be advised to provide the number of challans collected by them and also the revenue earned on account of this collection to prove our point.
3 In the States of Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamilnadu and Andhra Pradesh, the New Year falls on 31.03.2014. Making the workforce to work on the holidays of religious importance shall adversely affect the morale of the officer coupled with embarrassment in the family circle.
4. Further there are alternative channels available to the Tax payers, which they should exercise to effect the payment of taxes.
5. The workforce, if made to work on three holidays, it would amount to nine continuous working days against the settled principle of five and half days per week with forty-two and half hours of working hours. This is against the principle settled long ago .
6. In view of the above cogent reasons, we are confident that IBA will take appropriate steps to communicate to the concerned authorities in the Government of India, lest, officers’ organisations shall suitably advise the officers in this connection.
(HARVINDER SINGH) (S.NAGARAJAN) (K.K.NAIR) Dr.S.U.DESHPANDE
(AIBOC) (AIBOA) (INBOC) (NOBO)
its shame on union
Guys don't collect tax for the government don't work on 29th 30th and 31st. When Government can't give us what we deserve why we do what they say. We earn and we get paid government is not shelling out any money from their pockets for our salaries like they are doing in 7th pay commision.
Unions should have informed IBA that their officers will not work on these three days boldly. When the Govt. is linking every thing with our wage revision, we are having every right to work according to rule and rights.
DEAR FRIENDS THIS BLOOD SUCKER GOVERNMENT STILL WANT TO FILL HIS POCKETS FROM OUR SWEAT AND BLOOD AND WHAT THEY WILL GIVE TO US NOTHING, THEY WILL BOAST THAT WE ARE IN DANGER AND OUR PROFIT IS GOING DOWN WHY CAN'T RBI AND IBA COLLECT THE TAX THROUGH THEIR BUILDINGS THEY HAVE HUGE INFRASTRUCTURE THEY WILL BE ABLE TO CATER MASSES AND WHO THE HELL THIS GOVERNMENT IS TO DECIDE OUR ROLE. THIS BLOODY TAX COLLECTION IS NOT THE DUTY OF BANKERS. WHAT IRS DEPARTMENT IS DOING IN THIS. BLOODY SUCKERS.
friends........we cant do anything from the branch level. Its the union who should go or the opposition. The only thing we can do is to support our unions if they oppose. If few branches oppose to work on these days, then they will have to face dark days through the rest of their lives. I feel that instead of posting what govt wants from us, they should have informed us to join them so that we can give a nice blow to our corrupt indian govt.
stop fooling bank employees it is enough.
one has to hit iron when it is hot.
Why you did not call Strike from 29,31 and 1 April.
Tax collection is additional stress implied on bankers on holidays with condition to attend 4 clearing session in a single day. As per approved working hour for employee is 7 hour a day but we will be performing duties of 12 hours with our bank closing work. Our FM linked our wage revision with net profit but still after giving so much time to this department, our work is still remained unrecognised and its time for union to take tough stand for not doing work on government holidays. Their is always time limit for doing bank closing work, why this ideology is not applied for banker pay commission, why iba and government not concerned for our legitimate demand.
Unions are requested to declare three days strike on 29,30,31 march if can't oppose this autocratic decision of so called govt. let them face something.
UNIONS should take a harder step to go on strike on these days . government or iba did'nt bother to take any suggesstions from unions about there employees burden and mental situation, government can't dictact this type of order to work till mid-night by overriding labour law and natural justice . i think unions should protest by way of strike or by file litigation in court for their right to work in good conditions for their employees.
If at this stage we r not taking hard decesion like going on strike or knocking the door of court for justice against labor law exploytation we will loose our face value as well as our importance and thereafter we can not make any demand forget about bipertite.Hence I strongly recommend for strike on 29 & 31.and we should be ready to face any consequence for the same.Humble request ; if we have to live ; it should be with prestige otherwise better to die with family
Post a Comment