1. Eligible for 12 days in a year.
2. Shall be earned on a pro-rata basis during the first
year of service - at the rate of one day for each completed month or part
3. Can be taken 4 days at a time. The holidays and weekly
offs prefixing/suffixing or falling within the period of Casual Leave will not
be treated as part of casual leave. (The ceiling of total period of absence of
6 days including holidays was now removed in 10th BPS).
4. CL cannot be combined with any other kind of leave.
1.Special casul leave will
be granted to employees whose residential place/work place is affected by
2. All physically/orthopedically
handicapped employees will be granted 4 days special casual leave.
Unavailed Casual Leave:
Casual leave not availed in a calendar year is convertible
into sick leave with full substantive pay except during the first year. It can
be availed only on the grounds of sickness. There is no time limit for availing
UCL accumulated in a year. UCL can be availed without MC for 4 days at a time
once in a year or two days at a time twice in a year. For one day on any number
of occasions, MC is not necessary.
Note: For Officers Unavailed C.L. should be availed within three years.
1. Calculated at the rate of one day for every eleven days
of active service. While calculating PL, all kinds of leave availed except CL
shall be excluded.
2. Can be availed only on completion of 11
months of service.
Generally 4 occasions in a calendar year, though one occasion may comprise even a single day. (Known as, PL under domestic grounds).
3. However, the reasons for the request by an employee for leave on more than 4 occasions in a year are adequate and genuine and it is not administratively inconvenient, such leave may be granted. PL should be applied before 10 days of the proposed date of commencement of leave.
4. PL on medical grounds can be granted for
more than 4 days at a time on production of Medical Certificate which will not
be counted in the above 4 occasions.
5. The restriction with regard to the number
of times of availing PL, mentioned in Para 3 above, does not apply to members
of Executive Committee of a Registered Trade Union. A member of Executive
Committee can avail PL for any number of times for organizational work. (of
course, within his eligible leave)
6. PL can be accumulated up to 270 days and
on retirement the encashment is restricted only to 240 days.
7. P.L. can be encashed upto 30 days once in
2/4 years while availing Leave fare concession.
8. P.L.can be encashed every year upto 5 days for
employees below 55 years and 7 days for employees who completed 55 years and above.
1. An employee is entitled to sick leave on
half substantive pay, at the rate of one month for each year of service subject
to a maximum of 18 months (540 days) during his entire service, provided that
where an employee has put in a service of 24 years, he shall be eligible to
additional sick leave at the rate of one month for each year of service in
excess of 24 years, subject to 3 months of additional sick leave. On completion
of 30 years another 3 months sick leave will be added at the rate of 30 days
i.e. total sick leave is 720 days on Half
availing sick leave the employee has to submit MC.
2. An employee can convert the half-pay sick
leave in to full pay sick leave.
But twice the period of leave will be debited.
3. During the first year of service sick
leave will be granted on prorate basis.
4. Sick Leave can be availed for any number
5. Sick Leave can be availed without Medical
Certificate by an employee for a maximum period of 10 days in a calendar year
not exceeding two days at a time after exhausting the Casual Leave.
6. Sick Leave can be clubbed with PL, ML and
7. Women employees can avail sick leave for the
illness of their children of below 8 years on production of Medical
1.Maternity leave which shall be on
substantive pay shall be granted to a female employee for a period not
exceeding 6 months on any one occasion and 12 months during the entire period
of her service. In case of delivery of twins can avail 8 months in one occasion.
On exhausting 12 months leave another 15 days
may be sanctioned on production of Medical certificate,
2. Within the overall period of 12 months,
leave may also be granted in case of miscarriage/abortion/MTP up to 6 weeks and
in exceptional cases beyond 6 weeks.
3. Within the overall period of 12 months,
leave may also be granted in case of hysterectomy up to a maximum of 60 days.
4. ML is available even in the first year of
service. Probationers are also eligible. But the probation period will be
extended to that extent.
5. Leave may also be granted once during
service to a childless female employee for legally adopting a child who is
below one year of age, for a maximum period of Nine months, subject to the
following terms and conditions:-
i) Leave will be granted for adoption of only
ii) The adoption of a child should be through
a proper legal process and the employee should produce the adoption-deed to the
Bank for sanctioning such leave.
iii) The Permanent Part-time Employees are
also eligible for grant of leave for adoption of a child.
iv) The Leave shall also be available to
biological mother in cases where the child is born through surrogacy.
v) The leave shall be availed within overall
entitlement of 12 months
during the entire period of service.
6. Maternity leave may availed combining with
other leaves except C.L.
7. Within 12 months leave, Leave may be sanctioned
for Hospitalisation due to post-delivery
ailments like AUB, overian tumor,post partum depression etc.,
With effect from the 1st June 2015, male
employees with up to two surviving children shall be eligible for 15 days
Paternity Leave during his wife’s confinement. This leave may be combined with
any other kind of leave except Casual Leave. The leave may be availed up to 15
days before or up to 6 months from the date of delivery of the child.
1. An employee is eligible for extraordinary
leave on loss of pay when no other kind of leave is due to the employee.
2. This leave is granted not exceeding 3
months on any one occasion with a maximum of 24 months in the entire period of
service. Can be combined with or in continuation of any kind of leave except
3. Period of leave on LOP shall not count for
increments and increment date will be postponed.
4.Extra ordinary leave availed on medical
ground will not affect seniority.
Special Casual Leave for
Employees who donate blood to a recognized
blood bank or Bank sponsored blood donation drive are eligible for special CL
for one day, on the day of blood donation, subject to the production of satisfactory
Special Leave for Vasectomy
( 1). 6 days CL for male employees for
(2). 14 days special CL for female employees
who undergo non puerperal Tubectomy operation.
3. 1 day special CL for female employee, who
had IUD insertions.
4. 7 days CL to male employees whose wife
undergoes Non Puerperal Tubectomy operation subject to the production of MC
from the doctor who performed the operation to that effect that the presence of
the male employee is essential for the period of leave to look after his wife
during her convalescence after operation. Leave to commence on the day of
5. An employee developing post-operative
complication after sterilization may be granted CL to that extent of the period
for which he or she is hospitalized for such post operative complication,
subject to production of necessary
certificate from the concerned hospital authorities.
6. An employee is not entitled to special CL
after maternity leave, if the sterilization operation, recanalisation was done
during the maternity leave.
Special Sick Leave
With effect from the 01.06.2015 special Sick
Leave up to 30 days may be granted to an employee once during his/her entire
period of service for donation of kidney/organ.
(Govt.Scheme) for Women Employees
Permanent female employees with minimum of 5
years of Service are eligible. In exceptional circumstances, employees with
less than 5 years of service can also apply. Purpose of leave is
Medical grounds, care of family members or
children, higher studies, visit spouse, etc.
Period of leave shall be a minimum of 3
months at a time and shall not be taken more than once in a year, maximum of 2
years during entire career. Total period of leave including earlier Sabbatical
scheme, EOL and extra-ordinary leave under Bi-partite shall not exceed 3 years.