Before extending my greetings to all of you……..
Let us rewind and analyse our activities in the past….
How many of us took part in union/association activities actively?
Whether we have attended all dharnas, demonstrations, meetings without fail?
On Strike days whether we attended demonstrations at our working centers or gone to native place,taking rest, watching tv shows etc., or doing our long pending personal work?
Why I am asking these questions?
A tamil film song by our famous poet Kannadasan goes like this…
“Others can weep for us .It is possible …but they can’t eat for us..It is not possible.”
i.e. We have to eat for our hunger.
When we are not ready to spare a few hours for our wages, improvement in service condintion, security of job, How can we expect others (Union people) to spare their time, energy for betterment of us?
Remember our politicians and policy makers take decisions on counting numbers/heads that show opposition. Less numbers will lead them to come to the conclution that the employees are not really interested on issues and only Unions leaders are talking and giving statements etc.,
Then the decisions will be not favourable to us.
By paying subscription, can we treat those (Union leaders) as agent, broker, and mediator for getting better wages?
Genuine Union leaders spent most of their time/energy for the betterment of employees rather than their own family/family members.
If you feel some of them are not having courage, capacity to deliver goods and keeping positions/posts for their personal gains let us show them the door. For that we should not escape from our responsibilities.
Unions are talking about other subjects like New Economic Policies, Banking reforms, Bad loans, General workings class’ issues, on which most us does not show any interest. These factors directly indirectly affect not only our service conditions, play role in fixing our wages but also all the working class in India. Therefore we should think beyond our Salary, Transfer, and Promotion.
I hope you will take my words in the right spirit and act accordingly.
Lets us change ourselves first, before expecting others to change.
Life runs on hopes and expectations.
Let us step into the New Year with hope of achieving the best wage settlement for Bank Employees!!
My revolutionary New Year Greetings to one and all!!
dear sir ,
YOU ARE 100 PERSENT CORRECT.
BUT SOMETHING WE ALSO WANT TO TELL. PLZ LISTREN TO THE FEELINGS OF WORKMEN. CAN U SAY THAT OUR BANK EMPLOYEES UNION ARE FOR THE WORKMEN.IT NOT. THEY ARE FOR THEIR BUISENESS. WHENEVER THEIR WERRE WELFARE OF WORKMEN UNION WAS COMPLETLY AGAINST THE WORKMEN.
1. MANAGEMENT WANT GIVE PROMOTIOINM TO ALL THRE WORKMEN WHO COMLETED SERVICE OF 20 YRS. OR MORE TO OFFICER , UNION DIDNOT AGREE BY TELLING THEIR SHOP HAS TO CLOSE AFTER THIS WELFARE WAS AGREED.
2. WHEN EVER THEY WERER TALKING ABOUT BONUS ( IN INDIA NATIONALIZED BANKING EMPLOYEES DONT GET BONUS , INCLUDING MILITARY PERSONAL, POLICE , AND ALL OTHERTHAN BANK EMPLOYEES GET ) IBA TOLD SOME YEARS BACK GOVT. HAS TO CHANGE BONUS ACT. DO U KNOW HOW MANY TIMES GOCT. AMMENDED THE BONUS ACT. IS THEIR ANYONE JUST TOLD THE GOVT. OR IBA TO GET AMENDED THE BONUS ACT.
NO THEY DONT ASK BECAUSE OUR UNION ARE ALL DEAD PERSONS ( RETIRED ) . AND THE WILL NOT BENIFIT FROM ONE TIME PROMOTION DURING ENTIRE SERVICE OR BONUS. RAILWAY , POSTAL DEPARTMENT , TELECOMMUNICATION DEPT. ETC ALL GET BONUS FOR THREE MONTHS SALARY. WHAT IS THE DIFRENECE BETWEEN THE THE ABOVE DEPARTMENTS WITH BANKING EMPLOYEES WE ARE ALSO MAKING PROFIT.
3. OK LEAVE ALL THESE JUST SAY WHY THE DIFRENCE BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEES OF BANKS WITHIN BANKS. MAXIMUM, BANKS GIVE PETROL TO WORKMEN EMPLOYEES OF THEIR BANK.WHY NOT ALL BANKS TO ACCEPT THE SAME FORMULA OF GIVEING ALLOWANCE AND PETROL TO ITS EMPLOYEES.
4. U CAN TAKE THE EARLIER NO. 1 OR NEAR BY BANK. PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK- THEY DONT GIVE ANY BENIFIT TO ITS WORKMEN EMPLOYEES. AND THEY BECAME NO. ONE. IF ANYONE DONT SPEND ANY WELFARE WHICH OTHER BANKS ARE GIVING THAT BANK WILL BECOME NO. ONE. WHY ANY UNION ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT STEPMOTHER TREATMENT TO ITS WORKMEN EMPLOYEES . WHEN SOMEBODY TALKED ABOUT BIPRTITE SETTLEMENT WILL BE DONE BY BANKWISE WHY UNION DIDNOT AGREE BY TELLING THAT OUR DEMANDING POWER WILL REDUCE. WHY NOT TELLING ALL THE WELFARE MEASURES SUCH AS PETROL , CANTEEN SUBSIDY ALLOWANCES SHOULDBE SAME TO ALL THE BANKS EQUEAL.
5. NOW THE LAST I WANT SAY PLZ DONT ACCEPT LESS THAN 25 PERSENT OF LOAD BY THE IBA, IT WILL BE YOUR LAST. ( UNION ).
PLZ DONT ACCEPT LESS THAN 25 PERSENT.
As Mr. Johnson asked, why the Union Leaders of the Banks not asked for the change of Bonus act from the IBA/Govt of India, to enable the bankmen to get bonus out of profits earned by them. Bonus means a share of profit earned. But whereas the Govt. staff in certain State Govts. have been paid bonus out of Tax money. Why this parity by the Govt. Let the union leaders atleast now onwards try to get the Bonus act amended and the Bankmen shall get bonus in future.
dear union leaders plz DONT ACCEPT LESS THAN 25 % . IF U ACCEPT LESS THAN 25 % THEN WE WILL NOT SUPORT IN FUTURE ANY UNION ACTIVITIES.
1. U SHOULD MAKE EQUAL ALLOWANCES IN ALL THE NATIONALIZED BANKS.
2. U SHOULD WORK FOR EMPLOYEES BENIFIT
3. IF IBA NOT COMMING TO OUR EXPECTATIONS THEN WE SHOULD GO FOR INDEFANITE STRIKE WHICH GOVT. AS WELL AS SUPREME COURT WILL ACT ON OUR DEMANDS. WE ARE NOT ASKING ANYTHING MORE THAN CENTRAL GOVT. EMPLOYEES GETS.
THANKS FOR KIND ATTENTION FOR THIS COMMENT.
Post a Comment